Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Miley Cyrus did no twerking in St Paul today. I looked for Jack O'Lanterns yet again

"It was the best of days, it was the worst of days." It was a cold day. The Pengilly Woman and I had to go to Penzey's Spices to get a bottle of crushed rosemary and figured we could check out the area near there for whatever leftover Jacks were hanging out.  I used the last of the rosemary this morning in a batch of three (or four) bean salad.  Penzey's has a fine assortment of spices and, as it is a spice store, it has a rather pleasant aroma. We were able to find the correct size of the correct spice and went south a block to look for our quarry. The sun was bright, but the air November-ish.

This Jacko was nestled on a porch near Dale and Lincoln. It shows a technique that I hadn't seen before, namely to use the stem for the nose. It's pretty effective and I think I like it. It is, however, beginning to show its age and is sagging a bit.


This Jack espouses the not often seen cat motif. This one is showing good resilience partly due to the 25ยบ weather.  It was a block south on Goodrich.


My fellow Jack O'Lantern searcher is still sporting a weight on her right leg, but she was quite capable of walking the few blocks that were necessary to find these nearly two week old creations. I think we have at least until Saturday to find new ones and then I think they will seriously thin out.


We continued to Target to buy some dinner raw materials and gloves for the northern woman, who left her warm ones at home.

That Miley Cyrus stuff in the title is just an experiment to see if, by mentioning the notorious Ms. Cyrus, I can get more readers, or maybe just a few more hits. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Santini said...

A trip to the spice store made a pretty good story, oddly enough. Lynne gave us some extra bean soup today, and it had at least three or four kinds of beans in it. It was quite tasty, but I don't think it had any rosemary in it.

Excellent Jacks. Who knew there was another way to carve them? The cat face is also cool.

NCW is going to have extra muscles in one upper leg from lugging that thing around.