Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's almost December and it's starting to feel like it

The eve of the turkey holiday is upon us. I have an eleven pound turkey in the fridge and most of the necessary accouterments nearby. In addition, there will be new home made placemats, compliments of NCW. One is shown below. She designed and sewed them on the sewing machine that she's been calling "Ruby."


To continue the selfie theme from a few days ago. There is a thing called a book selfie which is a selfie in front of books. It didn't make word of the year, but it's worth at least one blog in a month when I've pledged to blog everyday and I've run very low on ideas.

Notice the line of books by Kurt Vonnegut.  He wrote in "Mother Night" "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."  I'm trying to pretend to be a much younger man.  There are days when that's problematic.


The weather is Novemberish. There is a snow storm in the Arrowhead of Minnesota and Hibbing is getting some of that non-lake effect snow. I was outside a while today - on the way to play some tennis. Otherwise it was just another Thanksgiving Eve.

2 comments:

Santini said...

NCW finds some interesting fabrics. I like the placemats, including the fancy stitching that I assume comes with Ruby.

I've never heard of a book selfie, but if it gives a little lift to this blogging marathon, I'm willing to go with it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, from all of us here in "lake effect snow" land.

BDE said...

Ooh, the placemats match the wine glasses, I bet. I am looking forward to eating whatever is on the plate on the placemat.