Saturday, November 27, 2010

Unseen in twenty-nine years or so

As the blogging every day month starts to near its end, I continued my scanned slide project. The latest group of slides was taken in 1981 and developed in 1982. I think they are around Christmas time. Everyone was dressed for a party, and we were hanging around home, so it must have been Christmas.

I'm enjoying rediscovering these images and remembering what everyone used to look like before time, the old bandit, did what it does. The first is a pretty photo of Santini.


And Nancy (aka OSLO) with her cousin Adam (aka (Unky Herb) when he was about 20 months old.  He is wearing lederhosen that his parents bought for him in Germany the previous fall.  He looks like he has just finished a game of dominoes, wherein he sweeps them off the table to the floor and someone else picks them up.  I wonder what ever happened to those lederhosen.


I should have done a "Where's Waldo?" on yesterday's scenic shot in Bavaria, although "Who's Waldo?" may have been equally effective.

I awoke in time this morning for the scheduled 8:30 tennis skirmish at Wooddale.  We played our 90 minutes and two sets.  My conditioning was better today after letting another day pass since the Thanksgiving incident of overeating.  Jerry was my partner and we both played well enough in spurts to be satisfied with the results.  After the match we sat around and chatted about water pollution (Jerry works for the PCA) and what we did for the holiday.  I mentioned the discussions we had yesterday about "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" and Dan Rather, but none of these guys remembered the incident.  I guess I'm enough older than they are that it made some impact on me.  Who would mug Dan Rather?

The long Thanksgiving weekend is going pretty well.  And the cold has abated a bit.  Must be time to have a few slices of pizza.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Might want to re-do the math on that one. 1981 was longer ago than you think.

Have fun at the pizza party.

Jimi said...

Good point, S.C.