Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tousan Predicts

The humble prognosticator, Tousan the Correct, has two predictions:

1) There wil be no more days in Minnesota with temperature above 65 degrees until at least March 1, 2011.
2) Mark Dayton will win the governorship of Minnesota by more than 5000 votes.




I continued the slide scanning project today. It's going a little faster, although today there was an unexpected glitch when the scanner froze and had to be restarted. I think it was bad software.  Today I scanned almost all photos from 1977 - 33 years ago.  33 years ago, the person on the left in the photo was exactly half of her current age, unless my brain's math processor is experiencing some sort of software glitch.

This photo is from the summer of 1977. I took it of an attractive group of very, very young folk at a now defunct resort on Deer Lake near Grand Rapids, Minnesota.  Names: back row: Sylvi, Mary, Barb, Gino, John.  Front row: Johnny, Nancy.  Regular readers will recognize all of them.


I played tennis again today, too.  I have no statistics about the number of sets or games I've played, but it's has been a wheel barrow full.  Today, the players were the geezers at Fort Snelling where we played two 6-3 sets in 90 minutes.  And we decided that we are likely to attend, as a group, a tennis exhibition at Fort Snelling in December featuring the Bryan Brothers, twin brothers who constitute the best doubles team in the world.

3 comments:

BDE said...

Wow, I did not feel that young then! We all look so good and so happy. I remember that place very clearly. We had fun.

Santini said...

Now, that first photo is just weird. And more than a little bit scary.

33 years ago. Half my life ago. And Nancy was a year younger than TJ is now. We spent a lot of summer vacations at the Mayflower.

Santini said...

Afterthought. I saw a TV interview with the brothers a while back. A 20/20 or 60 minutes thing. If it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't know a thing about them. Doubles isn't where the money is, I guess.