Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I only voted once

I went to the polling place this morning with PP and UH. We meant to do our civic duty, to cast a single ballot and await the results. The Voter Fraud patrol was out, making sure that the law was obeyed. I managed to get a photo of their movable sign, parked a legal distance from the voting cathedral, the Linwood Park Recreation Center. We managed to vote and get home unmolested... and unarrested.


Upper Lake in Crosby Farm was picturesque when I visited yesterday. The lake was calm and the reflection from the dock made a fetching photo. The autumn has its own understated beauty.


I'll be watching the election results as the evening goes on. I don't think my votes will make much difference, but I have a rooting interest. PP is off to help her gubernatorial candidate, Ken Pentel, make it through the night. That party, too, has election night aspirations.

The election madness is nearly gone for another couple of years. A good thing.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I love your optimism ... another two years before the election madness begins again.

Nice Crosby Farm photo, too.