Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nothing so interesting as toes

The scan of old slides in chronological order has reached 1981. That's 29 years ago. It was the first year of Adam's (aka Unky Herb) life and he was the subject of a lot of photography. I had a fancy filter on my camera that delivered multiple images to the film, and this is one of the images. Adam playing with his toes.  Ain't he cute?


This next one is later in the year. In fact I suspect it was Thanksgiving time at Santini's place.  DeKalb??  A lot of the familiar family faces are lounging about. What better opportunity to freeze time.


I'll be playing USTA mixed doubles tennis tonight at St Paul Indoor Tennis Center. It's Jerry's team and so far we've managed to squeak out victories. Tonight I'm playing in the number 2 slot against the other team's number 2.  It will be my third match with my current doubles partner, Kathy.  It should be interesting, but could end up finishing after 10 pm. So that goes.

Incidentally, this blogging everyday begins to wear on a guy. I need to come up with a photo or two and some verbiage for nine more days. Luckily, I have slides in reserve, and if push comes to shove, I have the ability to scan in old negatives.

The Prairie Princess has returned from the tropics. She left sunny weather to return to a place where ice storms are possible and occurred as recently as this morning. She arrived, chipper and feisty late this afternoon.  As luck would have it, I was able to avoid driving in the mess.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I've enjoyed reading the daily blogs, but I suspect that December will be a pretty quiet month in blogger-ville.

santini said...

I'm having problems placing the location of that last photo -- neither the wall color nor the couch color look familiar to me. Oh, well. I'd forgotten the curly hair period -- not a good look for me. Again -- oh, well.