Monday, November 15, 2010

The lakes are still ice free

It's the Ides of November and there is a layer of fresh snow on the ground. It's not cold enough yet to completely hunker down, and I needed some exercise after tussling with the slide scanning project. Incidentally, I'm on box 17 of the possible 37. This one records 1978. I took a break and went for a walk around Lake Como, one of my favorite destinations. The water has not yet solidified and there were ducks swimming about, not yet convinced that it was time to mosey off to a better climate. It was overcast and calm so the lake was allowing a nice mirrored effect to photos. This is representative.


And, yes, the slide scanning project continues. I uncover photos I haven't seen in a decade and I find them every time I start a new box of slides. This is from a trip to DeKalb to visit Santini and family in the summertime. It's remarkable how young we all were in 1978.


And another team picture, a reasonably upbeat photo of a kid's football team, the members of which think of themselves as number one. I think they may have won the league championship. I suspect that one of the coaches has a better memory about the team's results than I. I was serving mainly as team photographer that year, as I recall.

2 comments:

Santini said...

32 years is a really long time, I guess. We hadn't built the porch on the house yet, either.

BDE said...

We hadn't created Emily, yet either. Time flies.