Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Princess goes west ... at last

I had to get up early this morning to drive the Prairie Princess to the airport. Her delayed trip to the tropics resumed this morning at 7:55 and she is likely not yet at her final destination. The last I heard she was in Chicago, actually on a plane about to depart for Honolulu. She's staying at a hotel in Kauai, and maybe tomorrow spending a couple of days with my old college roomo, Larry Day, who lives there. I expect there will be fun and playing in the surf. There may be access to photos when she returns, too.

Me, I stayed home and coped with the snow emergency. I shoveled some slush as did Unky Herb to make the garage accessible. PP's car had to move to let the plows come through and I am the temporary keeper of her car keys. I think this snow is going to melt this week, so they probably could have skipped plowing and saved some money. So it goes.

The slide scanning continues. My scanned photos of the day include slides from an Anderson family reunion in 1978. I think it was at Yellow Lake. Some of the attendees may remember better than I do. The first shot is Aunt Louise. Dad once said in my earshot that she was his favorite of Mom's siblings. I liked her quite a bit myself. She, like the others of her generation in our family, has gone, as they say, to a better place. But 32 years ago she was going strong and here cutting cake.


A group photo of most of the attendees at the reunion. I recognize most of them, although they have changed mightily in the intervening 32 orbits of the sun. See if you can find Waldo, or maybe Santini.


I watched a bit of football and completed a couple of crossword puzzles today. It qualifies as a down day and a chance to recharge the batteries for the week. Oh, and I took a nap to catch up on the sleep that I missed when I got up at 5:15 am to get PP to the airport.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Santini was hard to find, almost as hard as John Gomulak and John McCune. I remember driving around trying to find the spot -- not Yellow Lake, but I don't remember the name of the location.