Thursday, November 11, 2010

November eleventh

There is a danger of showing up at the Mayflower in 1977 when I'm around with a camera. Your photo may be posted on my blog 33 years later without warning or permission. That's what's happening to this young lady. She came with her parents and wasn't warned of the dangers. I'm sure Nancy can handle the notoriety, maybe even enjoy it.


This project to scan in old slides is fun and sentimental all at the same time. Thirty-three years pass in the twinkle of an eye it seems and I wonder how we could have reached this age and this year in history. The slides are mostly scanning pretty successfully, with some tweaks from the iPhoto software, but some not so much. I have been able to save some that had subjects who were too far away, with judicious use of the "crop" function.

This is Mr Moohoo and BB, also at Deer Lake in 1977. Moohoo was still exhibiting longer hair style which was the fashion at the time - or maybe a badge of honor. They seem to be having some fun.  They sure look young.


There was tennis at Wooddale tonight. Jerry and the hardcore girls in mixed doubles. We split the first two sets 3-6, 6-3, and were nearing the end of the third when the court time expired. I was a bit off my game, so I took my anxiety to Yang's and ordered some Singapore Rice Noodles - extra mild.

2 comments:

BB said...

They seem to be in love (and young and happy). Nancy seems to be very confident and mischievous. Thanks for the great photos.

Retired Professor said...

OSLO is about year younger in that photo than TJ is now. I can see a resemblance. I'm pretty sure she likes the old photos.

That is a really nice photo of those other youngsters -- GZ and BB. The slide scanning is a fun project, at least from my perspective.