Friday, November 19, 2010

Summer of 1980

The scanning project is bigger than I thought, but I continued today to look at images from the past. These are all from the summer of 1980, in the period of time when Adam was an infant. There seem to be a lot of photos of him in this period, which makes sense. He was new. But I was surprised at how many of them were images of a naked Adam. It apparently was the style at the time. They most likely won't be posted in the interests of modesty.

This is supposed to be a tennis blog, so I'm posting a photo of Adam with my Pancho Segura Sweetspot tennis racket. Other than the facts that the racket is far too big for him and that it needs a restring job, it's a pretty cute shot.   I don't remember much about the racket except that it had a weird string pattern, with more string density in the center of the racket.


This is a shot in my backyard when Santini and crew were in town - the slide indicates July, maybe to visit the new baby, or maybe on the way to Deer Lake.   I sure don't remember.  Santini is not wearing her favorite red top in this photo.


And a nice photo of Andy and his first child, Vanessa. Thirty years is a long time ago.  I think they came to visit the new baby.


In addition to scanning slides, I was able to squeeze in the usual 90 minutes of Fort Snelling based tennis. It was one of those rare days lately when I've played well. And surprisingly, I was wearing the tennis shoes that I have been blaming for my bad performance on off days. It's certainly a puzzle. The weather outside managed to rise to about 39 in St Paul, but the weather prognosticators are predicting scattered frigidity for next week. And less daylight.

1 comment:

santini said...

John says, "My goodness."

Me, too.