Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unbroken Adam

Unky Herb went to the doctor and was x-rayed. There is no apparent break in the bone, just a bad bruise and pain. The doc again recommended 4 ibu's whenever the pain came back (does it go away?). No biking for him for a while. The result of the fall in photo form:


It was a morning for the iChat with KK (Kagami Kid). She has another blog entry on Xanga, so there is not too much to add to that (see link in my permanent links). She has a reserved seat for the good old USA and is looking forward to the three Michigan B's - beach, blueberries, and blading - and the usual good times. Plus some time in Minnesota with friends and family, and some practice with her primary language - English.

Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot. Four days in a row over 90. I went to a movie, one of very few times in my life when I have gone to a film alone. It was air conditioned and there was one other person in the theatre. It doen't matter what was showing.

Minnesota Rocks (number 5 on the web site map) is in Hamline Park at Snelling and Thomas. "Cajibracan" was created by Peter Morales of St Paul. I drove to the park yesterday in the heat of the day and the rock was in the advertized location.

4 comments:

Santini said...

Good news on Adam -- the nothing broken part. Not the pain part. The photographic proof was a good call. Love the tee shirt, too. And the photo behind him is way cool. Good rock find and photo. An interesting sculpture. Rock can't be an easy medium to work in. This June heat is unusual. It's better near the big lake, but we ran the A/C last night here, too.

Jimi said...

The sculpture is made of stromolite from the Iron Range. See article from St Paul local paper for details.

Gino said...

I looked at the article and I know it says "stromolite". However, I happen to be familiar with Cliff Natural Stone, the donor of the stone.

It is "stromatolite". It is an interesting stone, a sort of fossil remain of simple plant forms trapped in the rock. The Cliff Natural Stone stromatolite formation is one of the most stunning natural phenomena visible on the Range.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Tell us the movie name! At least, I wanna know...

It's hot over here too on this archipelago...and this time I don't have my own ocean to go to. Cold lake Michigan here I come!

~Kelsey