Friday, June 1, 2007

Theme-ish Day

It is theme day. This photo isn't exactly out my window and not exactly today, but it's some of what you'd see out my window, if it weren't raining. It was taken about two weeks ago when the flowers at Nancy's house were in full bloom.


I did ride this morning before the dripping started. I went down to Hidden Falls via the Mississippi River Road, through Crosby Farm Park, up along Shepherd Road to Otto, then home, including Benhill in my experience. 13+ miles.

With inclement weather here, I was able to watch Venus at Roland Garros lose in three sets to Jelena Jankovic, the four seed, on ESPN2. 6-4,4-6,6-1. Serena rolled, as did Federer and the bulk of the other faves.

Poetry Slam entry from the tousan:
Achtung, achtung,
The first of June
The first day of summer
is coming soon.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Birth of the blues???? It made me smile -- and groan. Your biking has greatly increased since retirement, a good thing, I think. It expands our appreciation for the neighborhoods we live in. Even the hills take on names.

Gino said...

Uh. . .like, uh, not very good poetry, dude. But probably suitable for a slam and also way good enough for a blog, so long as it is not a poetry blog.

Grand Old Day tomorrow?