Friday, June 8, 2007

Paris Hilton Back in Jail

If you don't ride in the wind, you don't ride against the wind. Down wind is better and down by the river it seemed to be coming from the north - the way home. I went back to Upper Landing Park looking for this Minnesota Rock sculpted by Lourdes Cue. She's from Mexico City, but moved to Minnesota in 1992. The location described on the web page for this stone is quite misleading, but I continued my ride along the ribbon-like park towards Mounds Park and came upon the modified rock very near the river. Persistence once again pays off. The bridge in the background is the Lafayette Bridge.


I rode upwind and uphill home in time for lunch and a chance to mow de lawn. I thought about looking for a new photo theme, too. There are quite a few ugly structures on the way to downtown, and I think I can find an uglier building than any of this blog's readers. I have a couple in the can already. 12.5 miles today.

The scanner has opened up new possibilities for posting, too. I have some photos that haven't been seen much lately that are likely to turn up here, too. See what shows up towards the bottom of this page.

Roger Federer over N. Davydenko of Russia 7-5, 7-6, 7-6. and will meet Rafael Nadal, who beat Serbian N. Djokovic 7-5, 6-4, 6-2, in the finals of Roland Garros on Sunday. I'll be watching. Both guys are unbeatable. Tomorrow's women's final pits Justine Henin against the pretty 19 year-old Ana Ivanovic of Serbia. I think Henin has the edge going for her third straight singles title in Paris, France.

Photo Quiz. When was this photo taken? Where? Who is the babe? Prize for correct answers is a pint of fresh blueberries.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize the lamp. And the room. But not the people. At all. SS

Anonymous said...

Well, I KNOW who the good looking guy is, and I am pretty sure the good looking babe is Santini (taken a few years ago).
B Babe

Anonymous said...

A FEW??? years ago? BB is being too kind. SS

Anonymous said...

1971 or or so? Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Hope Farm Road.
SS

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Gino said...

Summer 1972. That is my post Army haircut.