Monday, June 25, 2007

Tennis All Day

After being a sloth for a couple of days, today in the heat I played 5 sets of tennis, and was on the winning side twice. I played at 9 am at Visitation High School and again at 5 at Marie Park. I consider that to be enough exercise for today. I may get on the bike again tomorrow, if I feel up to it.

This photo is left over from the Mpls. rose garden trip. The sentiment engraved on the stone is a good one and it appears that most days in the last week counted. That old Trek that I got from Mr. Moohoo several years ago, just before the first of our family TRAMs, is a real trooper. I'm thinking about having him bronzed.


More scanner magic. I scanned this old photo into the computer today. The original is about 2X3 inches and the people in the photo are hard to see without magnification. It was taken in the early 1950's I think. The scanner and iPhoto got me to this enhanced version of the photo. The question for logicians out there: who was the photographer? I think I know, but there is no guarantee that my logic is correct.

I know the names of everyone in the photo except for the puppy in the foreground and I'm guessing that his name is Tippy.

I received via email some very nice old black and white photos from Santini. The wedding shot from 1940 was especially nice and I expect to see it sometime on her blog. The couple were obviously happy and seemed overjoyed with their selection of life partners. Tom and Lillie.

Wimby started today. Both Serena and Roger advanced to the second round.

5 comments:

Gino said...

Uncle Al.

It's not Tag, so I think Brownie.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gino. If the two girls in front of Sue are Charlotte and Nancy, then Carolyn is missing. And Kenny looks ready to upchuck. Nice scanning wizardry. SS

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of tennis in 90 degree heat. Be careful out there.

Go ahead and post the wedding photo is you like -- your iphoto software seems to be pretty good, and then anyone who wants it can save it off your blog. I'm glad you liked the photos, and am happy to share the ones I have. Custody of old photos is pretty random, and it is good to get them distributed, and saved in another format. It may well extend their life. Santini

Anonymous said...

The photo looks like it was taken on a haywagon in the drive way at Dick's Ranchero. The location looks like the camera is pointing towards the driveway entrance that is on county U from just in the yard before it goes through the garden and fields.

I think Uncle Al took it, as you do.

I don't remember the puppy, but he's cute, and his name isn't Duke or Brownie.

Anonymous said...

County road U? Where is that? Anywhere near FF?

I know, 'bite me.'

SS