Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nick Initials

Despite feeling a fatigue hangover from yesterday's bicycling, I ventured out to play some more tennis with the Gang of Geezers. I brought along my barn broom to sweep the puddles from the courts. This is an activity with which I am very familiar having swept innumerable tennis courts over the ages. The tennis from the boys was low key, but close, and no one got hurt. An ideal outcome for this group. After 2.5 hours: 5-7, 7-5, 5-7.

I note here the contents of a recent comment from Kagami Sensei expressing some dissatisfaction with her new nick initials - KK - citing a possible confusion with the Klan and their unpleasantness. I propose to switch to the equally brief set of letters "KS" to stand for Kagami Sensei (and also Kansas, as in "KS is beautiful this time of year.")

The first picture of the Minnesota Rocks sculpture had a single sentinel. The second and closest to the camera sentinel has been recently installed near the Ford bridge. The work's called "Sentinels" by Juergen Zaun, a German sculptor. This photo includes both figures.


1985. Whose legs in the background? Where was this photo taken? Where have all the flowers gone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice rock sculpture photo, with amusingly placed bicycle. And a very cute shot of the kids. A and K look happier than the future
Wireless. The photographer must have been one of A and K's parents. I don't recognize the furniture -- my guess is that it's GZ's legs, but I don't know whose feet those are. They look familial. KS it is, then. ~ SS

Emily M said...

I agree that it is GZ in the background. Could it possibly be Bianchi Babe on the other side of the couch?

Also, I don't look very happy at all... What's up with that?
~Wireless

Gino said...

Those feet look deformed!

Big bump on side, great toe attempting to burrow underneath the neighbor.

They are actually much worse now but she says they don't hurt much. Those feet belong to mother of Wireless.