Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ninety Three

It was hot and humid in the great outdoors, and I needed a rest day from all the tennis yesterday. The heat index was reputed to be over a hundred, and it rained in a squally sort of way this afternoon. Today's photo is an attempt to assuage the heat gods with a vision of falling snow. I hope that it works. It's the tousan trying to get into his garage while the Herbster snaps off a photo, and not that long ago.


I filled some of my time at the scanner, loaded ancient images into modern computer memory to be stored off on disk surfaces in internet land, and on my own hard disk. This one is from about 1925, I'd guess, maybe taken at Ricardo's Ranchero, although the location is not in my memory. I messed with the image with my friend iPhoto and I think that it is better, but still imperfect (see Marvin's nose.) There are no dogs in the shot, but a nice looking home made doll is sitting on the bench.


Wimbledon continues. Milagros Sequera won her first round match, 6-2, 6-3, and was not interviewed for television. She next plays Aussie Samantha Stosur in the second round. The biggest upset of the day was Tim Henman over the 25 seed, Carlos Moya in five sets.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Just guessing, but I'd put it at the Hansen place, maybe Aunt Minda's -- I can't place it at the homestead. Maybe a little later than 1925, but at least it has a date on it for future reference.

The snow photo is great, but be careful what you wish for.....