Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Old Photos

Since we seem to have changed to old photos. This is the oldest so far and is an oversize photo in my possession that hasn't been seen by many eyes in many a year. It contains a couple of good looking gentlemen wearing very stylish hats and looking stern, who carrried the family DNA around for a good long time. Thanks, boys.

November, 1912. County Board and County Officers of Burnett County on Courthouse steps in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. Town of Rusk George E. Miller, Town of Scott G. L. Miller, etc. etc.


George Eugene Miller (8/28/1875-1/26/1937) He is on the left. This picture taken when he was 37.


G. L. Miller (3/28/1848-3/15/1920) He is on the left center. This picture taken when he was 64.


I used my digital camera and its macro focus setting for getting these photos into the blog. Thanks to Santini.

I rode down to Upper Landing Park and Chestnut to try to find another Minnesota Rocks sculpture. I scrounged around for quite a while, and although there are a lot of Minnesota stones and some sculptures in the area, I was unable to identify a sculpture that fit the description and of recent installation. I gave up and rode home, photoless. It was a cool and clear day. Very fresh. 12 miles.

Serena lost to Justine Henin 6-4, 6-3. The last American is eliminated.

It was a beautiful afternoon so Wilson and I hit some tennis balls with another retired gentleman for about an hour at St Clair playground tennis courts. I hadn't struck a yellow tennis ball since Saturday morning and it felt really satisfying.

4 comments:

Santini said...

Good one. I have nothing older than 1913, Richard and Hansine's wedding photo.

Anonymous said...

Is this post getting longer as the day goes on? Or am I off my Alzheimer's meds?

Jimi said...

Santini, Take your meds. I have been adding stuff because I posted too early. Sorry to worry you. TT

Kevin D. Hendricks said...

I'm guessing that #9 Minnesota Rocks sculpture by Lourdes Cue that's supposed to be at Upper Landing Park yet isn't there yet due to construction. I think they started construction on the park in the fall and it's still pretty torn up.

I'd guess they never installed it, instead opting to wait until the construction was finished.

It's fun to read your search for all the MN Rocks sculptures. I've found a few for my local art site, Start Seeing Art, though not as many as you've found.