Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Adam Fall Down

It seems like a bad karma day in lotus land. First, Santini has a flat for the first time in 2500 miles or so, then Adam falls off his bike and injures his elbow. He was on lunch break at work and his front wheel got caught in a crack and down he crashed. He landed on his right elbow and it started to swell up at work. He called me and I drove over to pick him up (and his bike). Once home, he went to the doctor to get X-rays. More bad karma. The x-ray technician wasn't there so he has to go back in the morning. They gave him a sling and advice - take 3-4 ibuprofens before bed. He's trying to get some sleep without disturbing the limb. Other than his elbow and grease on his leg, he is fine. So is the Trek.

I had tennis scheduled tonight. It started out as a hot night, but cooled off enough to be pretty much ideal. I played at Somerset Country Club on clay. I haven't played on the dirt for quite a while and it was a treat. The tennis was competitive, but friendly, and we played three close sets, changing partners for each set: 9-7, 6-4, 4-6. And then the sun was getting dim, so we swept the court and I came home for veggie burgers, guacamole, and sweet red cherries. Yum. I earned my big appetite.

So, a couple of days ago I threatened to post a photo of the most ugly structure I've seen on rides lately. This one is pretty ugly. It's an old abandoned structure down by the big river on Randolph Avenue. It used to be functional - about a century ago. Are there uglier buildings anywhere?

3 comments:

mark e said...

dear jimi sorry to hear adam fall down. mark2 is pitching LL and playing some 1st base.I stay busy working and riding two wheelers. Keep up the great blogs,very interesting stuff.

Santini said...

Bad karma, indeed. I hope his elbow injury isn't serious -- it made me cringe just to read it.

Gino said...

Ouch. Skinny tire in skinny crack, very bad situation.