Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sweet Solstice Saturday

The longest Saturday of the year and this tiger lily bloomed in the backyard in celebration. I used the macro setting on the digital camera to get the fine focus. I learned some more about the camera.


Unky Herb has a new look. He went to the barber as normal and came back as Bruce Willis. I like the effect. He needs some sun exposure to touch up the color, but it's an interesting change.


The neighborhood was filled with early evening walkers and people watering the pavement, an activity not solely practiced in Michigan. A very pleasant day, one to remember when December comes to howl.

4 comments:

Santini said...

We have some of those tiger lilies blooming here, too. I think they are quite striking -- various shades of orange, mostly. I used the macro setting on yesterday's blueberry picture. The problem I have with that setting is that it is so easy to get a blurry photo. Even a little wind, or a slight shake in the hand does it. But it makes a very nice setting for flower close ups. I like Adam's new look, too.

Santini said...

I showed my early rising grandson the picture of Unky Herb. He said, "uhhhhh......I see it." He's not much of a critic.

Anonymous said...

Hi. tell unky herb nice hair cut. I discoverd that I'm good at badminton. I've been playing it for most of the week with my cousin leslie. I played against my dad, tj' and my uncle Jeff. Tj says they beat us but me , mom, and leslie don't think so. My dad and uncle Jeff got her laughing so hard she was crying. My cousins dog kept eating the birdey. Once the ball fell off the end of the birdey. We thought she was going to eat the thing luckly she didn't. We hope she can come over this monday. I found out through all of that I like badminton. I got a nintendo ds for my B-day(DS for short)and 6 games to go with it. I also got a charger. I'm charging it right now. I got 2 for my B-Day. One for easter. Bought 2 for my self. One as a reward for my good grades this weekend. I finish my first year of middle school. I also got a new mattress. It's high. Can't wait to see you all. love,nikki

Anonymous said...

I Mist You I got a ds Love,TJ