Saturday, November 26, 2011

A turn towards winter

The day started out nicely for a late November day. It was close to 50 overnight, but has sunk to 37 as I type. I was able to drag myself out of bed and off to my 9:00 a.m. tennis skirmish in Woodbury. The tennis was streaky, but the sets were close and that always makes it fun. We finished two 6-4 sets and went home refreshed.

The day turned to mist and the wind came up a bit. It's not a raw wind yet, and I took a walk after noon to look for a photo of a non-rectangular window, or a bench, or perhaps a barn. But since the good photos require good light, I was a little discouraged by the lack thereof. As luck would have it, I have a cache of photos from days when the light was better and for use on a day such as today. Voila! A fall photo from 2009, of a favorite spot - Upper Lake at Crosby Farm Park.


Not much else to say. I did some reading; investigating a little more the subject of thorium and its use in nuclear power plants; did a little investigation into the tourist attractions in and around Oslo, and generally rested these old bones.

 Only four more days to go until December when the need to blog every day will be relieved.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Nice photo, nice light. It does make all the difference.

Munch museum? Someplace with lights.