Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

There were Halloween parties all over last night. PP dressed up as a pirate and went off to celebrate. She had a parrot and a jug of rum - very much like a pirate. The parrot was not a real parrot, not even an ex-parrot.


And then today before the Vikings football game, I went for a walk on a very nice, but crisp day. There were several cyclists on the street, and as I got close to the House of Hope on Summit Avenue, I encountered a familiar face on a bike, dressed for the weather, putting in some miles on a late October Day. We chatted a while and he continued on his way down Summit Avenue. It seems odd that we haven't crossed paths earlier this summer when he has biked in the area, but it is a pretty big town.


Election day on Tuesday. Vote early and often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costume Prairie Princess. How cool. I was also a pirate. You can see my picture on facebook. I however, had a make-up malfunction. Thank god it was halloween. Still had a cool costume, so went out anyways.


OSLO

Retired Professor said...

I had mostly zombies and Star Wars characters, with the occasional witch, showing up at my door. I don't remember any pirates. Still, yo ho ho.

I have that same long sleeve yellow jersey as GZ is wearing -- and it is not warm enough for 40 degrees, in my opinion.