Wednesday, October 6, 2010

American League Playoffs begin in Minneapolis

It seems more like September than October, but whichever month it is, today was nice; a good day to play some tennis. I'm posting another photo of the Marie Park tennis courts, the principal site of my summer tennis activities. I took the picture after we had finished two close sets of play. Tennis Dennis and I played against Bill and Dr. Bill. It took about two hours to get through the two sets. There was some wind, and the sun was an obstacle to good vision on lobs and serves - especially in the first set.  But we were outside in 70 degree weather.  Life is good.


My search for an orange or grapefruit colored tree was easily satisfied with this maple at Marie Park. It seems that most of the nicest trees this year are in parks or on boulevards in residential neighborhoods. The whole state has bright colored leaves on trees. I guess that's a good reason to love October.


The Twins are playing the Yankees in the playoffs tonight at Target Field in downtown Minneapolis. For some reason this baseball season has been more interesting than many for the last 25 years - maybe because I got an early start by catching a spring training game in Port Charlotte this spring - the Rays and the Orioles. I'll probably watch tonight.

An interesting factoid: Both John Lennon and his son, Sean, were born on October 9th - many years apart, obviously.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

September felt more like October, so we were due a little more early fall weather before the snow flies.

I remember that spring training game. I believe that may have been my last funnel cake. Maybe ever.