Monday, October 4, 2010

I had a flu shot this morning

After the nice nurse lady stuck the needle full of killed flu virus in my arm I was free to walk around in the great outdoors. It was a very nice October day, so I went to see if I could find an orange-leafed tree. They are not as easy to find as I thought they might be. Maybe a little later in the fall after the first real hard frost. I did find this little oak tree in Como Park and it's going to have to represent the class of orange tinged vegetation.


Computers and the internet (inter tubes?) are pretty powerful. I looked at my photos of the marathon from Sunday and was able to read some of the bib numbers from the people in the frame. I was able to find the marathon results web page and found the names and home towns of some of the runners and their finishing times. The guys in the earliest photos finished in about 3 hours and 22 minutes - a pretty good time. One woman in one of my "other" photos (not posted) finished 9th in her class - women over 50. Not an important fact, but the process was an interesting diversion.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I got my flu shot about 3 weeks ago. Amazing the things that we volunteer for -- shooting dead viruses into our arms. Trusting souls.

I can remember the time before there was an interweb. Hard to believe, I know.