Friday, October 29, 2010

Nineteen Eighty-three

I must report that I switched back to my old, battered tennis shoes for today's tennis activities and the results were much better. For whatever reason, I played somewhat better. The old shoes were Nike's, and after the match, I came home and found the exact same shoe for sale on the Internet and bought a new pair. They'll be here next week sometime, probably after the election on Tuesday.

It's a big week. Halloween on Sunday and then Tuesday election. Talk about a scary season.

I'm still scanning slides. A little at a time helps to maintain my eyesight. The task is pretty simple, but I have to do some editing on almost all of the slides. These are from late spring on 1983, about the time of PP's baptism.

This is Unky Herb in his Superman phase. It was a long phase and he was joined in it by his good friend and neighbor, Andy. I think they both wanted to be Superman. For a while I pretended to be the real Superman, but Andy was onto me almost right away. He told me that "Superman doesn't have a mustache." My response, "Yes, I do," was less than convincing. Herb even had a cape in his Superman PJ's. This is his day time attire.


And this, a small group including the prairie princess as a baby with her Uncle Gino and Aunt BB. This was a few short weeks before "Wireless" was born.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I remember all those people. To me, they mostly still look just like that. Except UH and PP are taller.

Carl Ponanz said...

Love the older pictures, hmmm, isn't it funny I think 1983 is older. Well I guess it is. Keep bringing them, it takes me on a walk down memory lane.