Monday, May 14, 2007

Wilson rebounds

I have no photos of Roland Garros (or of the tournament there which starts May 27), but I do have a snowy photo or two. It was taken March 16 of this year and I worried that spring would never spring. I was wrong to worry.



No bike ride today, but an hour and a half of tennis with "men of my own age" at Wooddale. It was too windy outside and a forecast of rain brought us inside. I was thankful, and the good Wilson performed well. 6-3, 7-5, 2-3 before time was up. I'm not sure what caused last night's mediocrity, but, as with most abilities, my level of play fluctuates. I'm blaming the change of surface and different lighting, but who knows?

It was 91 degrees on my car thermometer as I entered the Wooddale facility and 81 on the way home.

A nice Monday. I bought the new "Forever" stamps today to mail important items. They cost $.41, but will be accepted for first class mail forever. I may stock pile them for the next increase which I'm sure is imminent. Then on the way home I got two tomato plants at the local garden boutique to decorate the back yard. Adam says it's best for the environment to eat locally grown food, and nothing is so local as the back yard. I also have a volunteer cherry tomato from last year's crop. I'm licking my chops as I write. I love fresh tomatoes.

My French Open predictions: Men: Nadal, Women: Mauresmo. A Spaniard and a French woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

French Open, Giro d'Italia, Louis Vuitton (America's Cup) semifinals-- there's hardly time to get anything productive done this month. Nice winter shot --