Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A beautiful Wednesday in May

It was a summer day in May. The temperature visited the 80's and the sky was blue, the sun widespread, and very little wind. I took the opportunity to play some tennis. Twice. With some napping in between. I did some practice hitting in the morning and then some doubles competition with some of the older gentlemen, some of the standard crowd. It was hot and sweaty and the competition fun.

We chatted with the girl who is currently in the orient. She seems set on her vacation visit to Minnesota and Michigan for the first week in August. The details will follow. She is doing well and, although her blog has been relatively silent lately, we know where she is and what she's up to. We look forward to her return.

Gas was $3.039 at the only station I noticed. The legislature is in session and the majority party - the Dems - is trying to add to the gas tax, so far without success.

There was no biking for me today. Other activities used my time and energy. Perhaps tomorrow. Adam took his bike to Boehm's to get a tune-up tonight, and he will bikeless for a week.

This is a field of yellow and purple flowers in the meadowed lowlands near Hidden Falls and very near the mighty Mississippi. Although beautiful to the eye, most know them as weeds - dandelions and creeping charlie. They do have their ugly phases, but they look pretty good here in a field of green grass. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, says I.



The lilacs are blooming around the neighborhood, and it smells marvelous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paid $3.159 for gas yesterday. It was $3.25 last week here. My bike shop people say this helps their business -- a lot of people looking at commuter bikes.

I like the yellow and purple fields, myself.

Santini said...

Nice self portrait. You've been working on your site. It suits the genre.