Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Flat tire karma



The photo shows the new racket that I used again this morning - practice tennis ball hitting with Dennis - no competition, just a chance to groove those strokes that evaded me yesterday. I took the photo of the racket at Marie Park after the practice session. Notice the nice grouping and the utter lack of humanity. Pretty racket, n'est ce pas.

Then I went for a bike ride on the Trek after lunch. I was planning to revisit the Mississippi for photo ops, but went off on an adventure along the eastern side of 35E up to Marie and back along Victoria. It was a trail I had never used before and quite hilly. It even had one of those "ultra grade" signs. I was hoping for 15 miles or so, but the Trek threw a shoe - a flat front tire on the 6-7 year old tire. (Gino knows how old it is.) I had an opportunity(?) to walk about 2 miles home and took the opportunity to commune with nature and to question my karma level. I give myself 10 miles for the ride and so does the odometer. I showered and went to the Boehm Bike Boutique and bought a new tire and tube, installed on the old rim. I'm ready to rumble again. And may re-cycle.

Gas was $3.09 at a visible station on highway 13.

And I mowed my lawn for the first time of the year today. It looks much better without the gone to seed dandy-lions, all green and healthy. I watered the new Yew Bushes in front of the house, which I installed last week. They continue to live.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Flat tires tend to come in groups, unless you are really, really sure that you removed the offending sharp object. I know, I've done it. Flat tires are no fun, and pushing a bike for 2 miles is a joy killer, indeed.

Red is a nice color for a tennis racket. And the bodyless cap is funny.

Santini said...

Oh, -- check Gino's May 3 entry for references to 'Wireless.' I don't understand the term's significance, but I recognize who he is talking about. And Sensei is Mirror Sensei, also known as Kagami. Didn't mean to be obtuse.