Saturday, May 12, 2007

Geezer Tennis

Not a biking day for Tousan. I did slam some tennis balls over the nets at Marie Park this a.m. with the Geezer Gang of Eight - a regular Saturday morning event. I think now that I may need a day of rest, like Santini. We played a kind of round robin scheme wherein you only have the same partner for 4 games and then the teams are shuffled. I didn't get to play with everyone, but we each played 24 games, not including tie breakers, so it was enough. There was much good natured ribbing of opponents amongst the geezers. Claims of bad calls, and good natured appreciation of well executed shots - both intentional and accidental.

This photo is from yesterday's ride at Crosby Farm along the big river. It shows that a forest exists in the middle of St Paul.



I puttered around in the back yard - planted some flowers and trimmed some bushes. The city has replaced some sod on the boulevard that was new last year as a result of the "improvement" project in my neighborhood. The sod failed over the winter, so they brought in new - but it looks a little dryer than one would expect for new sod. Long story for very little payoff - I watered the sod profusely this afternoon. The grass on the boulevard is at the mercy of the legion of dogs walked on this street who tend to visit as many trees as they can. This iteration of sod may fail, too.

I wander.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a good day of tennis, geezer variety or not. I'm sure Wilson enjoyed it.

Nice forest photo. I don't think I've ever been there.