Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lilacs

The later lilacs - the Japanese version, in my own back yard - are under the direction of Wilson, my good friend and servant. They are fragrant and light lilac in color (as amazing as that sounds).



No bike ride today. The temperature got all the way up to 60 degrees, but by the time it got there I was at the Marie Park courts slamming forehands with the gang of geezers. There were eight of us participating in the strange kind of round robin that we've stumbled onto. We end up playing 24 games (unless there are tiebreakers) and change partners every fourth game. It was breezy, but I'm getting used to the conditions outside. The secret is to watch the ball very closely, all the way to the strings. Easily said.

I bought gas at $3.199.

The Target store on University is changing into a Super Target. I tried to stop there to pick up basics, but it is closed. When is it opening again?

Herb and I chatted with Ms Kagami Sensei on the internet this morning. She is likely going to be home in August. See the link to her blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice lilacs, still. Nice lilac color. And probably nice lilac smell?