Monday, May 28, 2007

Twins Win! Twins Win!

A Memorial Day well spent. I went to see the Twins play at the baggie in downtown Minneapolis with the Moohoo family. The Twins beat the Chisox 10-4 in what was the best game I have seen in over ten years. Details and box score in the Strib. I ate at the game. I had a Top Dog for $5.50 and a diet coke for $4.00 - the best dog I have had in years, too. Thanks to Wireless for the free corporate tickets close enough to see the action and safely behind a protective screen.

Photo below of the Moohoo family - Wireless, G.Z., and B. Babe - in front of the Metrodome after the game:


After the game I was able to rally for a ride on the Trek to the Minnesota Capitol and a look at the new WWII Memorial, just finished this year. I stopped by at the Viet Nam Memorial and found the names of the two guys I knew on the roll of the dead - Renny Huerd, from high school (GHS tennis team), and Jerry Smith, a Hamline grad. Both died in 1968. There were this year, again, quite a number of bouquets of flowers, and individual carnations and roses.

I rode back up John Ireland Boulevard, past the Cathedral and St Paul College. The bike ride was about seven miles in all.

It has been raining at Roland Garros, but Serena Williams is through to the second round, as is Venus. Milagros Sequera has begun to play the French woman, Virginia Razzano, to get to a match with the "bootylicious" Serena. Rozzano won the first set 7-5 and play will continue tomorrow. It is scheduled for 11 am on Court 1.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Very colorful shot -- it looks like a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog and it is entertaining. Your caption above the Moohoo family picture made me LOL.

When was the last time you had a hot dog? Probably at the track, hey.
B. Babe