Thursday, May 17, 2007

Harriet Island and St Paul

It was a beautiful day in St Paul today. A high of 71 degrees required time in the great outdoors. I rode across the Mississippi River on the Smith Avenue bridge and took this photo of downtown St Paul from a vantage point above the river valley. The foreground is Harriet Island. I spent quite a bit of time just roaming around West St Paul, then down Ohio (notice not up Ohio. I have not ever ridden up Ohio) then down Water Street along the river to Lilydale, across the 35E bridge and home (up Benhill Road) - 15 miles.



I also had an hour of hitting those yellow tennis balls at Sibley HS. It was very nice, little wind, and Wilson was comfortable in my grip.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be as nice. In the meantime I'm getting ready for Roland Garros on May 27 - ten days hence. Allez Serena. (Rusty French, learned in high school from Paul Bouchard 46 years ago.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hei-- it is still a nice view of the city. A hard slog uphill to get to it, though?