Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trek to the eye doctor

I went to get my tri-annual eye check-up this morning. My eyes were dilated for most of the day, so my plans for physical activity were somewhat curtailed. It was too blame bright outside. I managed to get to Marie Park for some tennis ball smacking, but the bike (with its brand new, flat resistant tire) remained garaged. I have decided to favor any faithful readers with a photo of the disembodied Wilson hanging by his neck in the lilac bush in my back yard. Wilson seems peaceful, does he not? USTA mixed doubles league begins Sunday at Nicollet Tennis Center (or whatever they renamed it).



It was my first eye check in many a year wherein I left without a prescription. The good doc suggested that I kick up my magnification on my Walgreen glasses, but that my distance vision remained at 20/20. (I'll use the Kagami employee discount.) I attribute the good eyes to clean living and lots of organic carrots.

Plans for a vacation to the flatlands are beginning to take shape.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Ah, lilacs. That's a good sized bush. We had a big bush in our yard as kids, as I recall. You're calling your tennis racket Wilson? Logical. I'll bet you don't have even one photo of your old racket by itself. Or in a lilac bush.