Friday, October 23, 2009

Ugh

It snowed pretty hard today, and when it wasn't snowing, it was raining. I guess this will end sometime, but I hope that it's soon.



I played a little over two sets of tennis at the Fort Snelling Tennis Bubble. As I played I was able to see the white of the snow falling out the front windows of the club. It was cold inside, but we were still able to play a pretty reasonable game of tennis. That's the miracle of indoor tennis. When I was in high school there were no indoor tennis facilities to be found. We waited out the winter, until the snow melted on the outdoor courts. We even helped out Mother Nature by shoveling the snow off the courts, but the spring season could always be interupted by a snowstorm. It was almost like having to relearn to play every spring. We didn't mind, because it was the way things were.

More indoor tennis tomorrow. I'm in a kind of slump that I need to work out of in the next couple of weeks before the Tucson tournament. But there is time and indoor courts to get it done.

These posts are starting to look like weather reports.

2 comments:

santini said...

Ugh, indeed. Weather reports make fine posts, in my opinion. Bikers tend to be weather junkies, anyway. It probably has something to do with the fact that there are no indoor bicycling facilities. On the other hand, that's what Florida is for, I guess.

Good luck on working your way out of your 'slump.'

Retired Professor said...

Did you know that Peggy (of Mark & Peggy) just had hip replacement surgery? She'll be in the hospital for a few days.