Monday, October 19, 2009

October Progresses

As I was at Fort Snelling, I saw these two red kayaks enjoying the day. That's the Mississippi River that they are paddling down. It seemed like a nice way to spend some free time.


I had the day off from tennis. It was nice to have a day to rest up. My exercise was a walk by the river and trying to recognize the variety of bushes and trees. This time of year the buckthorn bushes are very recognizable and as PP keeps telling me, they are an invasive species and very hardy. They bear berries which are ripe and black this time of year and, when close to walking surfaces, are quite messy.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

The red kayaks make a nice contrast against the water. It looks like a nice fall day to be out and about. Bikers get lots of rest days this time of year. It may be time to break out the walking shoes.