Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It rained the live long day

There's not much to say when it rains all day. I looked out my back door this morning and the maple leaves, although showing a nice pastel shade, were still wet and stayed that way the rest of the day.



To salvage some sanity I decided to see if there were any pretty flowers at the Como Conservatory. I drove over to the area and found a lot of places to park. Everyone was taking a rain day, I guess. They always have something blooming in the big glass greenhouse. This daisy-like fandango flower is representative of the fall flowers displayed in the Sunken Garden. Pretty, but not dramatic.



So I walked around outside in the rain. I was wearing a pretty good raincoat, so I didn't get very wet, and I was pretty much alone on the walking paths. There were some nice maple trees along the paths, but they are missing the bright sun that makes the leaves really stand out.



The sun may return tomorrow. It's been a gray month, man.

Just a few minutes ago PP posted her pie crust process on the family experimental food blog. I can vouch for its golden goodness.

1 comment:

santini said...

Gray, indeed. The tree colors are attractive -- the rain seems to actually help the leaf color, as compared to a gray, dry day.

A good raincoat is an important piece of clothing if you don't want to be stuck inside.