Monday, October 5, 2009

It's still raining in the saintly city

The weather continues to be quite fall-like and wet. I have been outside, but the lighting is not conducive to good photos. I have also been playing my usual schedule of tennis, but it's all taken place inside lately - it has been raining outside. Today was my first day off the courts since last Tuesday and I needed the rest. I have been wearing a racketball glove on my racket hand for about a week, off and on, to protect my middle finger, which has some sort of bone bruise, from further damage. Playing with a glove seems to whet the curiosity of some of the players that I've been competing with. I've been saying that I am the Michael Jackson of geezer tennis (because I'm wearing a single glove). I'm also thinking of finding some sequins to attach to the glove for a little more pizzazz. But I'm mostly just talking.

I'm scheduled for some mixed doubles tomorrow to stay conditioned for the nationals in November. We are expecting rain and we are playing inside a large building in Woodbury.

How about those Minnesota Twins.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

How about those Vikings? Looks like the investment in Favre has paid off.

Twins vs Detroit this afternoon, I hear. It's all over local TV.

Sequins? Please not.

Emily M said...

Yay, Twins! I'm headed to the game in a few short hours. It's going to be CRAZY!

I also vote no on the sequins.