Saturday, October 17, 2009

Substantially nicer day

The sun came out and, although it never got very warm, it was a nice day, and inspired better moods all around. This is almost the same photo as yesterday, except that this time the sun is shining. It makes a better photo, too, don't you think?



My theory about my tennis slump seemed to be right. I switched back to my duct taped racket and played three sets and a tie breaker at Wooddale. Suffice it to say that I now have a couple of won sets since my last birthday. It didn't really feel like I was playing better, but the results were much better.

I walked over to Linwood Park at about noon. I knew that PP would be working there today. She and her MCC cohorts were digging up a flower garden in front of the main building and changing it into a rain garden. She was well along in the process when I arrived, but I stopped and met her crew and a few of her coworkers - Alyssa, who I had met before, plus her supervisor, John, and her co-team teacher, the infamous Sean. They all seem nice, and all very young. The whole organization is composed of people younger than 26. Not a gray beard to be seen, at least until I arrived. They were respectful and actually seemed to be enjoying the work and the sunshine.

Feta fish for dinner and thanks to Santini's food blog posting it turned out acceptably delicious.

1 comment:

din soster said...

I agree that it is a nicer photo. Both the blue sky and the blue chairs just pop.

Better results are fun, whatever the cause.

I'm glad the feta fish was good. Or acceptably delicious.