Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Luce Line Trail

It was one of the nicest October 27ths in the history of October 27ths. The sun came out and then the clouds went completely away, leaving only blue. Unky Herb is taking a few days off from the rigors of work and he was free to explore a state park. It's actually on his list of things to do on his free days. So. Yesterday PP did some buckthorn homicide on a state trail, Luce Line, in Wayzata and Plymouth and recommended the area for a hike. UH and I spent a couple of hours there walking along a trail that was once a rail spur into Minneapolis. It was fairly wild, but near residential property and well used by bikes and walkers. Here's UH on the ground readjusting his aching hip muscles, or something, and it was so cute I had to snap off a picture or two.



We spent a couple of hours enjoying the colored leaves and the blue, blue sky. The sunlight makes a very big difference in the quality of photos and the quality of my mood. It was a nice day to be a retired older gentleman, taking a walk in the country. I'm not so sure about the gentleman part.



I have this photo from the weekend taken by UH's camera. He emailed it to me yesterday. He and I were at the end of Summit Avenue in St Paul where the large monument to "the Great War" stands. The war to end all wars didn't end all wars, as we all know, and the Great War is now known as World War I, but it's still an impressive monument. I digress. While we were at the site, overlooking the Mighty Mississippi, we encountered quite a few photographers. This group seemed at least semi professional, with a model that posed multiple times with multiple costume changes. I asked UH to take a photo and this resulted. You can perhaps see why they choose this spot for photos. The trees were nicely colored and the view quite impressive.


No tennis to report. A day off from the wars and a well earned day off, I maintain.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I envy your blue sky and sunshine. I really, really envy your blue sky and sunshine. It does make for great photography. I think that there is really nothing prettier than a late fall day like the one you just photographed. Summer pales beside it. Just my opinion, of course.

It could have been a catalog model, or ad model for a department store?

Nice post. Nice pics.