Friday, September 21, 2007

Winded Again

I'm posting a photo that I actually took today. It was warm this morning, but the weather prognosticators were predicting strong winds with gusts to 35-40 mph. Undeterred, because I had no tennis to play today, I took a ride to the windiest place I know of, down by the river. It went along very nicely until after this photo was taken at the turn around point, some distance downstream from the Lafayette Bridge. The photo captures the Mississippi and the Capital City all right, but doesn't capture the essence of the wind. The journey after the turn was upwind, reaching, at times, six miles an hour. Another lesson relearned.


It was another 12 miles for the summer and gets me to about the mileage that Santini and Mr Moohoo had near the end of April.

There will be tennis in the morning, rain or shine, and opportunities to catch the turning of the leaves. Then, on Sunday at 4:52 CDT the autumnal equinox arrives. [I looked it up this time.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You haven't noticed us kvetching about the wind? Still, you made it back, and I'll bet you don't ride out with a tailwind again for a while. SS