Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Racketry Science

The temperature managed to rise to 57 degrees today on a dark, dank day in September. I stayed off the bike because of the wind and chill, and played no tennis either. I trekked around Como Park for about an hour this afternoon. The tree damage from the early August wind storm has not yet been removed. Large piles of limbs and trunks are scattered throughout. There were chain saws in use, workers trimming back jagged branches to add to the piles. There is also a campaign to rid the park of the buckthorn menace, which also adds to the piles.

I took a picture of my current racketry. On the left is "Wilson", the newest of the two, a Prostaff k Six-One 95 that I thought would be a first stringer, but he had weight problems. On the right is a six year veteran, a lighter Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.1, my current weaponry.


The weather promises better for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cold, dark and dank. It sounds kinda grim. It is good to get outside even on days like that though, I think. SS

Gino said...

Velo City water bottle?