Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Lily Pad Said It's Time To Change

The leaves are slow to change, although they are leaning in that direction. I found these exotic lily pads at the Como Conservatory in a pool outside in the elements. They are not native plants, but as you can see they are beginning to change colors.


A closer view of a few of the same variety. They are the largest lily pads that I've seen. There is a sign next to the pool pleading with the public not to throw coins into them. What is it about water pools that makes people tale out their spare change and toss it into the water?


It was a nice day most of the day until about five pm when the skies opened for some more rain to grace our plants. I visited Minnehaha Falls, too, looking for color changing trees, without much success.

I played mixed doubles at Wooddale tonight. It was a lot of fun, two 7-6 sets and a lot of competitive back and forth points. I played well enough, but my shots were not as lucky as last night, so a trip to the lottery ticket seller was not in order tonight. Incidentally, my three powerball chances from last night came up extremely dry. Only one of the 6 money numbers showed up anywhere on any of my three chances, and then only once. It's a good example of how good I am at picking numbers, and I'm probably just as good as everyone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting lily pads. They remind me of some I've seen in NZ. I'll have to check out the local variety and see if they change color. SS

Gino said...

I read a comment by a lottery official that your chances of winning the lottery are approximately the same as getting struck by lightning at the same time and at the same place every day for a week.