Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lightning and Thunder on the Tundra

It was a nice day, most of the day, to play outside a little bit. The geezer tennis session was scheduled for 5 pm and the weather was mostly sunny. The courts at Marie Park have accumulated some leaves so we swept and raked them off before starting. We played two sets and a 10 point tiebreaker before the darkness began to impinge. There was a large dark area in the sky as we played and it began to light up with lightning and thunder as we quit. I was able to get home without getting wet, but the heavy rains came soon after. I had a good tennis day and had enough "lucky shots" that I stopped and treated myself to three powerball tickets. I'll let you know if I won anything sometime later this week.

The photo below is from 1985. Herb and I chatted on the internet with Kagami Sensei this morning from her apartment in Japan. She's was doing pretty well, but having some moments when she wished to be home. She wanted some photos for her Japanese language blog (one that I'm not able to read). She especially asked for this and another photo that have been on my refrigerator for some time. It's of her and her goony bro playing in the backyard with a hose and having a whale of a good time. Happy days. I sent the photo via email, but it is also "grab"able, I told her. She has another entry today in her xanga English language blog, part of which she wrote for therapy. Have a look, it's a good read.


This is a cartoon with some editorial content that I did a couple of days ago. Unky Herb liked it well enough that he said I should put it on the blog. Since I'm not much of an artist, I should apologize for the art content. Shoulda woulda.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tennis, from the sounds of it. Good luck with the lottery tickets. I did read Kelsey's blog this morning, and it was a good entry. A good read, indeed. Also, cute cartoon. I especially liked the second part ... 'beware of ventures that require new clothes, like body armor.' Does that include biking?

Anonymous said...

My guess is that body armor is not common apparel for either bikers or tennis ball swatters. If you are considering body armor, then I say "beware!"

Another beautiful day today. TT

Anonymous said...

I thought that helmets would qualify as a form of body armor. Light rain is falling at this moment here. SS