Saturday, September 29, 2007

Autumn Colors Slowly Arrive

I found a tree that has changed to its autumn colors. This photo is from Friday, yesterday, and was taken at St Paul's Battle Creek Park while I was on a quest for colorful trees. This guy didn't seem stressed, so I guess the foliage change is in progress.


A photo from my refrigerator. These young fries have not yet learned to write all the characters correctly (note the backwards "n" and "¢" on the sign), but are actively engaged in capitalist behavior. And they are pretty cute. It's 1986 and it's taken in the front of the homestead on a hot day.


Tennis was played by the geezers this morning at 9 pm. We managed to hold the session to two and a half hours. The weather was a bit brisk, but the predicted precipitation didn't materialize. I am not the oldest of the players, just second oldest. Bill C. is 68. I should actually get photos of these old guys to prove that we are actually playing all this tennis. Maybe next week.

The rest of the day was more restful. I did a little cooking this evening. It's autumn food time, so we had spaghetti squash and new red potatoes, along with fried chicken thighs. Nothing too special, but a good sign that fall has fallen is the urge to devour squash. I think that we'll have an extended fall this year. The weather is predicted to remain in the 70's through much of this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice tree colors. It will probably stay warm until about your birthday or a little earlier... Cute picture of the young capitalists in action. SS