Saturday, September 22, 2007

Equinox

This is my photo of the autumnal equinox. It should be understood that Grand Avenue runs east and west in St Paul. I took this photo on Grand at sunset on September 22, the closest sunset to the equinox in Minnesota. The sun shines directly east on the equinox. Grand is a busy street and I should have found one with fewer vehicles so I could concentrate on the photo, rather than saving my neck.


I played some tennis this morning again. It was a couple of sets at 9 am, before the sun was very high in the sky. It was a little chilly, but the day warmed and it was a beauty of a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice use of infrastructure to establish the east/west nature of the shot. It does seem a little dangerous to be playing in the middle of the street at sunset on a Saturday night, though. I have an Equinox shot I'll post later today. SS

Anonymous said...

It was not as dangerous as the photo makes it look. I was employing extreme telephoto lens setting. The traffic is really pretty far away. TT

Emily said...

Watch out for that car! Otherwise, a very nice photo.