Sunday, September 9, 2007

Minnesota Rocks Again

I ventured outside my sphere of influence to track down another of the Minnesota Rocks sculptures that I've been sporadically photographing and posting here. This one is called the "Goodnight Kiss" by an Italian stone sculptor, Pasquale Martini. It was perched at its current location and dedicated in late July. The location is more in Mr. Moohoo's biking range, if I'm not mistaken, in Vadnais Heights at City Hall. A map is included this time.


The map. Clipped out with Mac software and modified to JPG format by iPhoto.


I talked to the beloved Japan-sited English teacher this morning. She was using her air conditioning in her Ogaki apartment while I shivered in the 55 degree heat in Minnesota. She had tales to tell, but you'll have to check her xanga blog to get the gist of them. She looked marvelous to these old eyes.

Herb has returned from Chicago again. His Corolla has over over eighty thousand miles now, many of the miles on I-94 and I-90 to Chi-town.

The finals of the men's US Open tournament are now history. Roger Federer won his fourth consecutive championship. Congratulations. Novak Djokovic had set points in each of the first two sets, but was unable to convert. Several of the key points were decided by the software of the "Hawk-Eye" lookalike. Software! I know enough about software to distrust the results, especially when a ball misses a line by millimeters. Soon we may even be trusting the results of national elections to software. Oh, I guess we already do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most excellent rock sculpture. The rock bench behind it looks familiar, too. Part of the series? Interesting use of iphoto... as an outlander, I like the inclusion of the map. Your cooler air has arrived here. Fall has fell. SS

Anonymous said...

The rock bench is separate from the Minnesota Rocks series, but seems fitting for it to be close by. TT

Anonymous said...

Maybe I was thinking of number 2 or 6, both seem to have benchlike characteristics. SS