Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gorilla My Dreams

We had big storms come through the city at about six p.m. There were reports of a tornado somewhere near South St Paul. I was inside the tennis facility at Wooddale at the time and heard the loud drumming on the roof and some loud cracks of thunder. We played two sets of mixed doubles in a sparsely populated facility and then went home to check for damage. We were unscathed. I didn't see any significant damage anywhere, so I'll have to rely on the TV talking heads to fill in the details.

In lieu of a pretty flower picture or anything tennis related I offer up this photo of a gorilla at Como Zoo. It's a pretty nice zoo with quite a few animals that no one wants to see running free in our neighborhoods. This guy appeared bored when I was there yesterday, and I can't say that I blame him (or her?). He sort of qualifies under wildlife, but not native wildlife, but we all have to come from somewhere. I like to visit the zoo once in a while to check on the primates and the big cats. The zoo is supported by the taxpayers of St Paul, mostly with real estate taxes, so I pay my share. I like to see what they do with my money, and they seem to be spending it fairly wisely. It has been upgraded quite a bit over the last few years.


The autumnal equinox is Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always interesting, though your sense of humor is warped. Glad to hear that you escaped damage from the latest round of storms. I was scouting for an equinox photo last night when my camera battery died, but didn't find anything Stone Henge-ish. Sunrise is the other option, I guess. SS