Friday, December 3, 2010

Unky Herb is in this photo

We have a snow storm abrewing here on the tundra. Several inches of snow are expected to land tonight and probably make life more difficult for the natives. And the natives are likely to become restless.

But the slide scanning project goes on in the background. I have a process worked out and it seems to keep the slides flowing through the scanner. This photo comes from the summer of 1982. The available Lillie's kids and close family were spending a weekend at Deer Lake. You know who you are. These are some of the participants, including a squirmy two year-old. Where's Waldo? Those were good times as I look back on them now.


We played afternoon tennis at Fort Snelling, beginning at one o'clock and hoping to get home before the snow arrived. The tennis was pretty good - the Bills had their turn to be in the zone, and I had serious lack of food (or maybe fatigue) issues by the end of the day. I ran out of steam, and was run down by the bus. It happens. I'll be back with extra mustard next time. And by the time we were finished, the snow had begun, and it isn't supposed to stop until sometime tomorrow. April is a cruel month, but can it really be crueler than December. I don't think so.

I'm going out to shovel.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I think I still have that suit -- must be time to clean out my closet. "Time, you thief."

Winter is here to stay, at least for a while. Who invited him?