Monday, December 6, 2010

Como bench

I needed some exercise this morning because my afternoon tennis appointment was canceled because of illness. I usually like to walk in Como Park, unless it's really, really cold. One must dress for the weather in Minnesota and every year I must be retrained. My head gear was inadequate, but I steeled myself and walked anyhow. Como has a nice group of benches, often with inscriptions to someone the donor of the bench loved. Right now the inscriptions and the place you want to sit are both covered with grim reality - snow and cold are upon us. But the sun was out, and it was really a pretty day, that is if I would have had adequate headgear.


The lake is frozen over. I'm not about to walk out onto the ice quite yet, but it looks solid. And there are no tracks on the snowy surface, so the crazies haven't begun to go out onto the surface of the lake. Every year about this time someone drowns because they go through the ice and can't get out. I think it's happened already somewhere in the state.


Not much else out of the ordinary happened today. I managed a trip to the food store and reproduced my last posting on the recipe blog - Asian style Coleslaw. I'm thinking of naming it Tousan's Asian Coleslaw because of the minor deviations I've added to the script.

1 comment:

Santini said...

The series needed a snow covered bench. That's a nice photo. Lake Como looks peaceful, but very cold.

Funny how we have to relearn how to dress for cold weather every year. I saw Port Charlotte had freeze warnings up last night. It's looking like a cold winter ahead.