Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Princess

There's a big snowstorm coming tonight. At least that's what the weather creatures are predicting. I'm awaiting another prime shoveling opportunity. Not with much relish, but without fear.

This was my third straight day of tennis. Today it was the regulars of the geezer group playing at Fort Snelling. I'm a little fatigued and my play today was a bit below par, but the competition was keen and we all had a good time. I'm taking tomorrow off from the tennis wars, getting a substitute. There is a USTA mixed doubles team event on Sunday night, so I want to be rested, and I'd like to give myself a chance for a win.

The slide scanning project has slowed a bit in the last few days, but I'm posting two photos from 1983, the year that the Prairie Princess was born. This was before she became interested in all things prairie, when she was just an ordinary princess. She hasn't been seen much in the previous posts, because, well, she wasn't born yet.

The first is a shot in my kitchen when she is mere days old and is getting hugged by her dad. She survived the moment and went on to grow to an adult. She's off at Pad Thai at the moment, buying some succulent Thai food.


The second photo is later in the spring of 1983. Mr and Mrs Moohoo are holding the baby PP, probably in training for their own bundle of joy who arrived not much later in the year. Twenty-seven years ago, almost twenty-eight.


Everybody looks so young. Time, you thief.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Awww... sweet.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo right. Time is truly a thief. I was only a teen when my wonderful cousins arrived in this world. How I loved spoiling my baby cousins. Now I have teens of my own and am considered old by my kids and even 20 yr. old almost stepdaughter. How the time sooo flys.


OSLO(Once young myself)