Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bike cold storage

I went back this morning to check on the abandoned bikes. There appear to be only two as noticed by my readers, but I could be wrong. The snow bank is formidable. The location of the bikes is the corner of Grand and St Albans Avenues, a block east of Walgreen's. I've now been able to squeeze two blogs out of the same basic material. I may go for three tomorrow.


Sunday night I intended to blog using this next photo. Unfortunately the Comcast network connection that I use was down across three states and I was stymied.

So, briefly then, I went to a charity event at Fort Snelling Tennis Center. It was intended to support kids' tennis programs for inner city youth. The main attractions were the Bryan Brothers, the top men's doubles team in the world.  Bob and Mike are on the ends of the line in this shot taken before the exhibition match.  Eric Butorac , a touring pro from Rochester was half of the opposition.  He's second from the left and his partner, Jean-Julien Rojer is second from the right.  The Bryans won the exhibition handily 6-4, 6-4.   They are very good, and very very quick.  And about 6 foot 4 inches tall.


For the record, this year I've seen the best women's doubles team in the world, Venus and Serena, at the French Open, and the best men's team in the world, Bob and Mike Bryan, in Minneapolis.  Both are teams of siblings.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I think that's the first photo I've seen of the inside of the tennis center. Puffy ceilings look strange to me.

You've had a pretty good year, for an old coot. (Sorry about that last part.)

Thanks for the update on the snowbound bikes. That's a sad picture, to me. Apparently nobody loves those bikes.